Injuries from Over-Serving Alcoholic Beverages to Bar Patrons

Injuries From Dram Shop Over-Serving

Bars or restaurants that serve alcohol (dram shops) are not supposed to over-serve alcoholic beverages. Bartenders and other servers should be trained to identify "obviously intoxicated" patrons. When an accident occurs due to a drunk driver who was over-served by a dram shop, our law firm can help.

A dram is a small drink of alcoholic liquor or unit of weight equal to an apothecaries' ounce.

At Treon & Shook, PLLC, we represent the plaintiff (injured party) in a wide variety of personal injury cases. Our AV-rated* attorneys, have been able to obtain significant settlements for a wide range of clients.

Bar Owner Liability and Drunk Driving Accidents

Sadly, there are many instances where a bar, restaurant or social host such as a parent has over-served a guest or patron with disastrous consequences.

Representative case: An off-duty bartender was served 19 drinks during a two hour period. He left the bar and crashed into a disabled car off the side of the road. The car burst into flames and two young adults died in the fire. Our attorneys held the bar, the bartender and the bar owner responsible and obtained damages for our clients' wrongful death.

Results Oriented Approach in Litigation

We believe that we get results for our clients injured in an accident due to dram shop over-serving, because of our results oriented approach to litigation. Our lawyers' vigorous preparation for court can mean a positive settlement out of court. We offer:

  • Thorough investigation including accident reconstruction when necessary
  • Use of reputable expert witnesses in all disciplines including forensic engineers, neurosurgeons, psychologists and others
  • Detailed preparation of financial ramifications including work with economic experts to determine lost wages and impaired earning abilities
  • Recommendations and referrals for medical care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other needs

When you visit our Phoenix, Arizona, law office you will find attorneys and staff who are sympathetic to your situation. We do everything we can to help you recover.

Your Guide Through Loss or Injury ∙ Hablamos español

If you have a drunk driving injury due to dram shop over-serving, please call one of our lawyers  at 602-265-7100 or send us an e-mail. There are no attorney fees unless a settlement is reached in your case.

* AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.

LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability     AAJ Member Logo
In the News
Our Location

Treon & Shook, PLLC
4600 North 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Fax: (602) 265-7400
Phone: 602-265-7100
Map and Directions